Cumberland Island Kayak Tour
Our Cumberland Island Kayak Tour is a favorite amongst paddlers, young and old alike. The largest of Georgia’s Golden Isles, Cumberland Island is really just a stone’s throw from Amelia Island, a short paddle across the channel that connects the bay and river with the open water of the Atlantic Ocean.
From Fort Clinch State Park, good currents across the Cumberland Sound provide an excellent and rewarding intermediate kayak experience, abounding with dolphins, seagulls, terns, and skimmers. Fort Clinch is a 19th century coastal fortress that served as the base of Union operations during the Civil War, and a view of the fort from a kayak provides historic understanding of the importance of this fortification.
Your arrival on Cumberland Island National Seashore is a magical experience. The island features pristine beaches, dunes, marshes, and wildlife, including their famed wild horses, descendants of horses left there by the Spanish in the 1700s. This 17-mile island is home to undeveloped maritime forests and plenty of wildlife. From your kayak and upon arrival to the beach, paddlers can expect to witness an abundance of shorebirds, along with sea turtles, wild turkeys, and perhaps an armadillo or two!
You’ll have plenty of time to walk the white, sandy beach, searching for shells, shark teeth, and fossils, while enjoying the beauty and allure of this captivating island paradise on your Cumberland Island Kayak Tour.
Cumberland Island Kayak Tour Details:
- Manatee, Dolphin, Birds, Wild horses, Fiddler Crabs, Pelicans.
- Fort Clinch
- Sea Shells and Surface Fossils
- White Sandy Beach
- Coastal Harbor Crossing
- Intermediate Paddle skills. Paddlers could expect wind and current.
- Historic National Seashore
- Meeting address: 97177 Pogey Place, Fernandina Beach, FL 32034
- Give yourself 3 hours “Car-to-Car”. Tour is about about 2 hours paddle time and 30-40 minute to enjoy your time beachcombing or looking for the wild horses on Cumberland Island.
- Low Tide Cumberland Island Tour is timmed to work with the tide. This tour is weather dependant.
- High Tide Cumberland Tour is one of our more rigorous paddles and best suited to those who have paddle before and are up for the challange.
- Complementary Photography
- Tour meeting times are determined by high and low tide cycles and change daily. When booking online you will be asked if you prefer a morning or afternoon adventure and we will do our best to accommodate your request. You will receive a phone call to say hello, learn about your group and update your meeting time.
Cumberland Island Kayak Tour Meeting Location:
97177 Pogey Place, Fernandina Beach, FL 32034
Cumberland Kayak Tour Meeting Spot
Photos of Cumberland Island Kayak Tour
Amelia Island Guided Kayak Tours