Amelia River & Fernandina Beach Kayak Tour
Our Downtown Fernandina Beach & Amelia River Kayak Tour explores Amelia Island’s harbor’s rich maritime history and aquatic life. On the Amelia River your kayak tour will provide you with an intimate nature experience. You will be eye level to playful dolphins and gentle manatees as squadrons of brown pelicans glide above the water’s surface. The birthplace of the modern shrimping industry, Fernandina’s harbor is still home to a fleet of shrimp boats, along with sunken sailing vessels.
As you kayak down the river on the Downtown Fernandina Beach & Amelia River Kayak Tour you will have a good view of Tiger Island. Tiger Island boasts a safe and deserted white sandy beach, a nice place to pull up a kayak and have a snack while hearing more about the history of this mysterious island.
The original site of the town of Fernandina Beach, Old Towne, sits at the far north end of Amelia Island, inhabited by the Timucua Indians long before the Europeans made land here.
Platted by the Spanish in 1811, the Plaza San Carlos is highly visible from the waterway, along with what is known as “The Pippi House” where a movie of the dearly loved story was made back in the 1980s.
Dophin, manatee, birds and history are what the Fernandina Beach Amelia River Kayak Tour is all about!
Amelia River & Fernandina Beach Kayak Tour Details:
- Manatee, Birds, Dolphin, Fiddler Crabs.
- Shrimp boat fleet. Birthplace of US shrimping industry
- Old Towne Fernandina
- Pipi Longstocking House
- Tiger Island
- White Sandy Beach
- Timed to ride the tide both ways.
- Complimentary Photography
- Meeting address: 10 Ash St, Fernandina Beach, FL 32034
- $65 per person
- Tour meeting times are determined by low tide cycles and change daily. When booking online you will be asked if you prefer a morning or afternoon adventure and we will do our best to accommodate your request.
- When booking online you will received a confirmation of your booking request then a meeting time and location will be sent for your tour date’s departure.
You may call 904-500-TOUR with any questions
Amelia River & Fernandina Beach Kayak Tour Meeting Location:
10 Ash Street, Fernandina Beach, FL 32034
Fernandina Beach & Amelia River Kayak Tour Meeting Location
Amelia Island Guided Kayak Tours