Cumberland Island – Dungeness Ruins Kayak Tour
Our Cumberland Island – Dungeness Ruins Kayak Tour is an awesome adventure. The largest of Georgia’s Golden Isles, Cumberland Island is really just a stone’s throw from Amelia Island, a short paddle across the channel that connects the bay and river with the open water of the Atlantic Ocean.
From Fort Clinch State Park, good currents across the Cumberland Sound provide an excellent and rewarding intermediate kayak experience, abounding with dolphins, seagulls, terns, and skimmers. Fort Clinch is a 19th century coastal fortress that served as the base of Union operations during the Civil War, and a view of the fort from a kayak provides historic understanding of the importance of this fortification.
Your arrival on Cumberland Island National Seashore is a magical experience. The island features pristine beaches, dunes, marshes, and wildlife, including their famed wild horses, descendants of horses left there by the Spanish in the 1700s. This 17-mile island is home to undeveloped maritime forests and plenty of wildlife. From your kayak and upon arrival to the beach, paddlers can expect to witness an abundance of shorebirds, along with sea turtles, wild turkeys, and perhaps an armadillo or two!
You’ll have plenty of time to walk the white, sandy beach, searching for shells, shark teeth, and fossils, while enjoying the beauty and allure of this captivating island paradise on your Cumberland Island Kayak Tour.
Cumberland Island –
Dungeness Ruins Kayak Tour Details:
- Manatee, Dolphin, Birds, Wild horses, Fiddler Crabs, Pelicans.
- Fort Clinch
- Sea Shells and Surface Fossils
- White Sandy Beach
- Coastal Harbor Crossing
- Intermediate Paddle skills. Paddlers could expect wind and current.
- Historic National Seashore
- Meeting address: 97177 Pogey Place, Fernandina Beach, FL 32034
- Give yourself 5 hours “Car-to-Car”. Tour is about about 3.5 – 4 hours paddle time.
- Complementary Photography
- Tour meeting times are determined by high tide cycles and change daily.
- When booking online the tour calendar will show days that this tour is available and the meeting times.
- If you are looking for a date not shown give a call to 904-500-TOUR for a custom booking.
You may call 904-500-TOUR with any questions.
Cumberland Island – Dungeness Kayak Tour Meeting Location:
97177 Pogey Place, Fernandina Beach, FL 32034
Cumberland Kayak Tour Meeting Spot
Photos of Dungeness Ruins Kayak Tour